Wednesday, March 11, 2009

'Thru You'

This stuff is, and I do not use the word lightly, awesome. Another case of the low quality of the original videos (in a pixelly sense) just adding to the beauty of the end result when this bloke's got his hands on them. No famous people, no expensive recording studios, just lots and lots of enthusiasm and devotion.



And I particularly love this one:



Watch all of them over at Thru You.

Did we all know, by the way, that if you put 'pwn' after the 'www.' bit but before the 'youtube' bit of any youtube video, it takes you to a site where you can download the video of your choice as either an flv or mp4 file? Sadly this came just after Youtube decided to take down most of its music videos, but still, handy to know.

UPDATE: Wooo, I found this before Boing Boing!

9 comments:

Rose said...

Mister James are you aware of mediaconverter.org? Amongst other things, audio and video from YouTube in any format you care to whistle for.

James Henry said...

Ahhhhhh, I was was not, cheers.

Anonymous said...

liar liar pants on fire!

James Henry said...

Oh yeah, I allowed anon comments again.

Fat Roland said...

I'm so excited about Thru You. Best thing on the twinternet for twonkey's years. (Just read Patroclus' post about Twitter and am now going to preface all internet things with 'tw'.)

James Henry said...

FR: actually, when I first saw Thru You, my very first thing was 'Fat Roland has to see this!'.

Although you probably had already.

Anonymous said...

Re: the "pwn" thing, that's a very VERY beautiful discovery. Still, that's what clipnabber.com is for.

Tim Clague said...

I like that idea - a lot - what would a film equivalent be???

James Henry said...

'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid'?