Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rap Singers

After an excellent night's ranting in the pub with Gareth about how television comedy seems to be aspiring to the lowest common denominator, I wombled home and completely forgot to watch 'Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle', thus proving myself to be as much a part of the problem as those who watch, and give every evidence of genuinely enjoying that '2 Pints of Lager' thing.

Or that would have been the case, if the BBC iPlayer thing wasn't the shining example of brilliance that it is. Go thusly, o readers of my blog, and watch Episode One for it is good.



UPDATE: of course, those living outside the UK will just have to imagine it, sorry. Ooh, did anyone notice a mister Christopher Morris as script editor? Interesting.



FOR NOT REAL REASON (other than I saw the video this is taking the piss out of the other day, thought 'someone should really take this piss out of this', then found out someone had done just that some time ago):

I'M ON A BOAT (not terribly safe for work)



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah, non-UK viewers can't!

LC said...

Great stuff. Loved the rambling rap singers monologue. Do I win a bonus point for spotting the legendary Simon Munnery in one of the office scenes?

James Henry said...

I think he got a "two jokes stolen from" in the credit as well. And it's lovely seeing Kevin Eldon back doing silly sketches on the telly again.

patroclus said...

Maybe this is a betterer link for young Gareth.

James Henry said...

Hmm, seem to have mended the first one now. I think.

patroclus said...

Yes indeed - as you were, sorry about that.

Marsha Klein said...

Stewart Lee was very good. I especially liked the idea that someone (living now) who'd read all the books written in their lifetime would be stupider than someone who'd never read any books.

One of my daughter's friends sent her a link to that video, prefixed with the words 'don't let your folks watch this' - a warning which she duly read out to me...
Teenagers. Will they never learn?!

Anonymous said...

Re.: Stewart Lee for foreigners

*cough*youtube*cough*

Billy said...

Rap singers is my new favourite phrase.

Valerie said...

For some reason I think that music video is hilarious. May have something to do with it being 7:20 in the morning. What was the original one it's mocking?

James Henry said...

The original is called 'I'm So Paid', by some fellow calling himself Akon.

Nickerson Woo said...

wow~nice raps~like it so much~thanks for sharing~
^__^