Friday, August 04, 2006

Zoe Bolton from Penryn

From a comment left on this post:

Off topic sorry. does anyone know a Zoe Bolton from Penryn? I need to contact her to say she shouldnt rip people off, return the £420 or send the TV! You will not get away with this!
Thanks, *******@hotmail.com



I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding (no-one from Cornwall would ever do anything bad or wrong), but there are no Penryn Boltons in the phone book, so I thought if I put the comment up here, it might show up if ZB ever does a self-google. Or alternatively someone down here might know her, and could give her a gentle nudge towards returning either the cash or the tv. If that's what happened. Allegedly.

Consider the flying monkeys released.

Also, if you're a Zoe Bolton, but don't live in Penryn and have never been involved in televisual transactions with ******, why not comment here, and we can tick you off the list?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be Zoe Penryn from Bolton?
Hence the mix up.

Anonymous said...

Eh? Where did this come from? Zoe? Penryn? Televisions? Are you drunk? I demand context and I demand it now.

James Henry said...

Context now provided. Ish.

Billy said...

Doesn't everyone in Cornwall know each other?

Anonymous said...

People think the same thing about wales. I can remember a few times after I moved to Manchester last year when someone has asked me if I know Sarah Jones from Cardiff, or Rhys Williams from Swansea.

"Umm, I'm from Llandudno, on the north coast..."
"Yeah, I know, but do you know him?"

Maybe the English should take a trip to good old Cymru once in a while - you'll find that it's much bigger than you expected. And no, there are no dragons there.... anymore...

Robin Kelly said...

Where's Cymru? North coast or south coast?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the context. That was me up there making demands but forgetting to sign in.

Fraudulent Little Tart said...

Wow, I'm impressed, it's like your providing your very own public service.
Can you help track down my ex-flatmate who bolted and left me with a whopping council tax bill to pay? I'd be ever so grateful.

James Henry said...

This could be a whole new service - Blue Cat Name And Shame.

Right up until I get sued.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I'm from Cape Town. I have actually had someone say, "Oh yes, I knew someone from Cape Town... I think she was called Michelle..." *looks at me expectantly*

Anonymous said...

All of Scotland knows each other. It's not that we're all from Aberdeen*/are incestuous in the same way some other places in Britain are implied to be+, it's just that we're inherently nosy bitches.



+Disclaimer: Other people implying it, not me.
*I love Aberdeen. No, really I do. Some of the best specimens of sheep come from there.

Anonymous said...

erm, other anonymous. I'm also from North Wales (two people from N Wales called Anonymous - thats a coincidence) and I've learnt to my cost that most of the time everybody does know each other. In fact I probably know you.

Anonymous said...

Stop the search! I tracked down and court ordered the bee-arch, I now have my money back.

Sorry to interrupt the blog yet happy to provide some fuel for amusement.

LoL peace, Winobie

James Henry said...

Ha! Jolly well done, and I hope this whole thing hasn't put you off Cornish people, the rest of whom are all lovely.